Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
chetario's WIP; WIP: MGF OOO - TaToBa Combo; M4A1
Topic Started: Feb 18 2010, 09:22 PM (9,500 Views)
CrimsonNova
Member Avatar
i like the red and the gold but i feel the gold would look more cooler with latorata combo :p but still awesome :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chetario
Member Avatar

^ I agree about the gold actually. If a Latorahta Combo comes out [and I pick it up], I am definitely using this gold [Ace Hardware Ancient Gold, by the way] for the head crest.

Master Grade Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa Combo

Yellow, Silver, Chrome and Metallic Green is now dry.
Posted Image

Some of the Yellow:
Posted Image

Some of the Silver and Chrome:
Posted Image

SD Cyclone Joker
Couldn't get a good enough shot of the Metallic Green, but I will say that I put it on a bit thick, which may have caused it to bubble. I will be stripping some of the pieces and redoing them. Once I get the hang of these Testor's spray cans, I will move on to the main body.

Currently masking a few parts. The knee cap is giving me some trouble, because I need to assemble the knee joint in order to fill the seam.
Thanks for supporting me
Edited by chetario, Sep 29 2011, 01:10 AM.
Posted Image Posted Image
WIP Thread: HERE
Gallery: HERE

gp03
Member Avatar
Good Kid, Mad City
Can't wait to see the finished product man! I'm really liking that shade of green!
My WIPs
Master in the art of the unfinished kit

CrimsonNova
Member Avatar
yeah the knee joints sucks u need to assemble to remove the seamline which is a pain in the back... and like the metallic green looks awesome for gatakiriba too i would say

chetario
Member Avatar

Master Grade Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa Combo

This is all I got done today [Thursday]

Spoiler: click to toggle

Here is where I am at the end of the day:
Posted Image

Seems my plan using a reverse wash is falling apart on me.

I made a test piece, using an enamel yellow paint [same one that is being used on the Tora/Tiger parts], sprayed the Krylon Short Cuts Gloss Black on top, waited for it to dry. Then I took water, soap+water, winder, isopropyl alcohol [70%, I believe], NOTHING worked.
Then I took an old can of Krylon Acrylic Satin Clear coat and the black reacted.

My question is What kind of paint [Acrylic, Enamel, Lacquer, Oil, etc.] is Krylon Short Cuts to have reacted to the ACRYLIC top coat, yet not get stripped when cleaned by any of the acrylic thinners I know?

Here is a picture of the cans:
Posted Image

Thanks for viewing and supporting me!

CrimsonNova
Member Avatar
well OOO looks awesome so far with seamlines done and the paint done too , i would help you with krylon but i never used it at all i only use gundam colors sprays :/

chetario
Member Avatar

UPDATE TIME

After finding out that the can of Krylon Short Cuts I bought isn't acrylic and couldn't do a reverse wash with it kinda slowed me down.

But I bit the bullet, took my time with a small brush, acrylic black paint, cue tip and toothpicks and worked for a few hours on and off working on the Tora/Tiger parts

Posted Image

Also, DERP
Posted Image

Thank you for viewing this work-in-progress. Constructive criticism is always welcome and I hope to have alot more done in the next few days.

ZeroBell
Member Avatar
For the snags you ran into it's turning out fairly well. Actually just saw OOO in action for the first time yesterday when I watched KRW: A to Z, pretty good movie btw.
Posted Image

chetario
Member Avatar

UPDATE TIME

MG Figurise Kamen Rider OOO TaToBa Combo

Nearing the end of the build

After detailing the fingers and chest, I decided to finally work on the Medajalibur

Skewered everything [except the medajalibur]
Posted Image

I put down a gloss coat on the Tora/Tiger claws, belt, driver and scanner.

Then, I RAN OUT OF Matte Gloss Coat :ipunchyou: :madtyper: :stick: :Chainsaw: :Over react:

My local hardware store doesn't have it [but ordered it for me, and might come in Thursday or Monday]

Which means I can't finish the body

Effect parts

Thanks to Alpha-Vector for making the symbols, which I slightly altered

Thanks for sticking with me. I appreciate all your comments and criticisms.

Next post should be about the Medajalibur

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mr Chetario sir, I can't wait to see this thing done. Mainly coz I want to see how you're going to pull off the floating coin bits.
Quote Post Goto Top

Red Nova
Member Avatar
Count up your sins!
How do you plan on applying the logo to the base?
Posted Image

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
I haven't really commented as much as i should have in this thread. :/ This looks great. Everytime i would see your blue lining, i would get scared lol but it cleaned up really nice! Looking forward to seeing the coins floating, but would they still do that once he's in Rider form? Or are you going for like a king form when he's summoning all the coins at once?
Squees Workbench FB
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chetario
Member Avatar

UPDATE TIME:

Put the final flat topcoat on MG Figurise Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa Combo.
Posted Image

I accidentally broke the connection between the torso and shoulder armor. So one of the shoulder armors is immobile.
Still working on the effect parts and medajalibur

In other news, I resumed working on SD Cyclone Joker.
Metallic Green:
Posted Image
Colored the driver with Tamiya Clear Red:
Posted Image
I colored the purple and gold trim.
Ready for the Flat/Gloss Coat:
Posted Image

Final Gallery will be up soon

Thanks for all the support.
Edited by chetario, Oct 30 2011, 03:51 PM.

Red Nova
Member Avatar
Count up your sins!
Great Job on OOOs!

Though it's a bit hard to tell the green from the black.

I'm looking foreward to seeing how your GundamRider W turns out.
Edited by Red Nova, Oct 30 2011, 04:26 PM.
Posted Image

CrimsonNova
Member Avatar
u did a really job with OOO i don't think i can do a bit of it :P gotta buy one when i can and try lol :p

chetario
Member Avatar

SD Kamen Rider Ichigo/Old 1

I got the SD RX-78-2 [Anime Colors/30th Anniversary Edition] from Robot4Less using the $20 Gift Certificate I won from Mead's 1000 Subscriber Contest. My goal was to recolor this mobile suit into this color scheme:Front, Back and THE Pose
Posted Image

[11/21]: I snap built it Monday -
Posted Image

[11/23]: Start to finish in less than 13[?] hrs
Construction:

Before and After Shot
Posted ImagePosted Image

I will post a gallery of SD Cyclone Joker and SD Ichigo soon

Next WIP will be about Revell's 1:48 Spitfire Mk. II and SD Gouf Custom

Thanks for all of your support. I always that note of all comments and criticisms.
Edited by chetario, Nov 24 2011, 05:21 AM.

chetario
Member Avatar

Working on my Revell 1/48 Spitfire Mk II for the Motor Vehicle Group Build.

Click the link to go to the WIP thread.

Red Nova
Member Avatar
Count up your sins!
I've had my eye on the Ichigo Figure Rise for awhile now, how is he compared to W?
Posted Image

chetario
Member Avatar

I don't have the Ichigo Figurerise, but I will say I have looked at it online.

The construction of the chest and shoulders is incredible and it looks really nice. Definitely my next Figurerise

chetario
Member Avatar

Another update to my WIP on the Revel 1:48 Spitfire Mk II

Please take a look
Edited by chetario, Jun 24 2016, 09:29 AM.

chetario
Member Avatar

Just a quick update on MG Figurerise Kamen Rider OOO's Effect Parts,

Posted Image

chetario
Member Avatar

Just posted my work-in-progress for my HG Titus, along with a "pre-shading" test for the Gundam AGE Group Build

chetario
Member Avatar

Just updated my [AGE GB] WIP thread

chetario
Member Avatar

Last night, my town hosted a "Zombie Walk", where people don zombie costumes and walk ~10 blocks. My fiancé and I decided to participate along with a local friend (first time for all of us). I decided early on that I would FINALLY use my airbrush for a project as opposed to just testing before.

My fiancé and I visited a local thrift store, where we purchased a button-down shirt and old graduation robe for myself and a white/cream colored blouse(?) for her for less than $10. I mixed up a batch of blood (which came out looking like day old blood) using Apple Barrel Acrylic Cardinal Red and Black, and sprayed it on the clothes and myself. I used a few techniques I came across while watching Syfy's Face Off! and the cosplayer show.

My shirt on the left and her blouse on the right:

Posted Image

My finished costume (minus gloves and keys):
Posted Image

I wish I had had more time to spray a "fresher" blood on spots and some black to line my face, but we were already running late.

RenExarDroma
Member Avatar
Guru
Quote:

I wish I had had more time to spray a "fresher" blood on spots and some black to line my face, but we were already running late.

Assuming the walk was at night, it would have been to dark to tell a difference anyway.
Edited by RenExarDroma, Oct 27 2013, 06:27 PM.

chetario
Member Avatar

WIP Figure-rise 6 Black Raven

Recently, I've been finding that if I don't dawdle and mess around after dinner and washing dishes and pots, I'm able to get a solid hour of scale modeling in. I've always wanted to have a "set"/scheduled time to do my hobby, where I can just relax and not feel guilty about working on a it. I was able to get alot done over two weeks, including this project I'm showing you.

In February 2013, I made a promise to myself that if the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers, I would dedicate and paint a model kit in their colors. As the American Football fans fans know, the Baltimore Ravens were the Superbowl XLVII National Champions, thus giving rise to PROJECT #BIRDLAND

Posted Image

As promised, on my next online hobby order, I included one copy of the Figure-rise 6 Silver Crow. Both the silent and "in-depth" unboxing are in the spoiler below, in which I impart a hint at the color scheme.

Unboxing

The project would give the Silver Crow a complete color scheme change

I painted a few details with an "Ancient Gold" spray paint
Posted Image

Here is a test/preview shot of the arm when it is readying it's final attack
Posted Image

Putting on the flat coat over everything (after hand painting a few details)
Posted Image

A shot of the stand, painted after masking.
Posted Image

This project is finished as of a week ago. Due to the colors, I couldn't take pictures with my regular camera (read: phone), so I had to borrow my SO's DSLR. I'll be posting the gallery tomorrow.
Edited by chetario, Jul 9 2014, 12:42 PM.

chetario
Member Avatar

WIP 1/100 Master Grade Wing Gundam:

The last time you guys saw this kit was back in August 2011. While moving (I presume), I broke the V-fin, broke the connector for one of the "talons", and lost the part to the back of the arm. As stated back then, I was pissed and lost all drive to finish it, so I stowed it away in its box in major assemblies, where it was waiting to be decaled.

As I stated in my last post, I have been able to have some time to my hobbies and I took full advantage. Recently, I'd wanted to finish this project (and another project that was shelved for the same reason) and put it up for display.

Progress

One day, I started soaking two decals, after waiting the appropriate time, I look over and see this
Posted Image

A Preview: Posted Image

Now that this is done, I'm glad that I can put it with my Zaku II and Infinite Justice, and never touch it again. ..

chetario
Member Avatar

Check out the Work-In-Progress thread for my [5GB] entry, Gundam Rider 555 by clicking on the name
Edited by chetario, Jun 24 2016, 09:31 AM.

chetario
Member Avatar

Check out the Work-In-Progress thread for my [Video Game Group Build] entry, PokePla MewTwo by clicking on the name
Edited by chetario, Jun 24 2016, 09:31 AM.

chetario
Member Avatar

This past 4th of July (the day of the :enderW: American Independence Day :enderW: ) I ended up taking it easy. I had attended a BBQ the day before and wanted to stay home, so I decided to get back into modeling by tacking a small project. Being the American Independence Day, I chose to tackle something in honor of it with an assault rifle

WIP Tomytec 1/12 Military Series Little Armory M4A1 Custom

I did a short unboxing before starting or you can watch it within this page in the spoiler below
Unboxing

On the left you see the model split into its major components, with any seams fused and sanded. On the right, the major components are put together along with the option parts. This model is basically a glue together model (or with blue tak as meads did in his video review)

Posted ImagePosted Image

I airbrushed the Apple Barrel Flat Black onto the lower receiver, upper, receiver, barrel + front sight, buffer tube, and carrying handle

Posted ImagePosted Image

The grip, collaped buttstock, the extended buttstock (after masking the buffer tube), rail system, magazines, forward handle, ACOG scope, and laser system all got airbrushed with Apple Barrel Tan. Unfortunately, the tan wasn't covering the black. This would be fine, but impatient me decided to keep spraying, laying the paint on thick, obscuring the details and pooling up. I threw the parts in some windex and let them sit for an hour or two while I ate before trying again . You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I tried again, this time being patient (and applying some Rustoleum Painter's Touch Grey Primer), and airbrushed the tan on. You can see my set up here too.

Posted ImagePosted Image

With a few minutes to spare before we went to bed, I assembled the important components and stood it up on a clear stand from the Raphael Gundam and took some pictures. I was satisfied with the amount I had had done in those few hours.

Posted ImagePosted Image

At this point, I painted in a few details in the scope and sprayed everything with Rustoleum Painter's Touch Matte Coat. This may seem like the end of the project, but I have one more thing I am custom making for the display.

If you want to see bigger pictures, you can visit the full album HERE

Thanks for reading through this WIP post. Until next time.

Keep Building my Friends!
Edited by chetario, Jul 31 2015, 10:10 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Painted Projects WIP · Next Topic »
Add Reply