Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SD - Super Deformed Gundam; Including SDX
Topic Started: May 4 2010, 05:31 PM (65,244 Views)
tc012009
Member Avatar
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

In note that quite a few forum members have SD Gundams in their collection. Until last year my collection was pretty much master grade or higher and I had no intention of ever touching a SD model.

That was until I bought the Shiba-I Sazabi and was hugely impressed by its design and quality. The model was great fun to build and was my first attempt at painting a kit. Since then I got quite a few of these awesome little kits and have honestly enjoyed building every one.

I'd be interested to hear who else collects these model and also if you have any kit recommendations. Were lucky enough to have two dedicated SD model fans posting on the forum , the first is the legendary Jaystermaple who's painting is truly amazing (link to his thread below), the second being the meadeslemicah who's youtube channel is a must for any SD kit fans.

Jaystermaple's thread

meadeslemicah channel

I like to keep a few SD kits on my desk and these are the one I've close to hand at the moment.

Posted Image
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tc012009

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vegeta8259
Guru
These are the only SD kits I have right now, but I do intend to get more in the future!

Posted Image

O snap! I forgot, I also have 2 SD Unicorn Gundams...
Edited by vegeta8259, May 4 2010, 05:45 PM.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tc012009
Member Avatar

vegeta8259
May 4 2010, 05:43 PM
These are the only SD kits I have right now, but I do intend to get more in the future!

Posted Image

O snap! I forgot, I also have 2 SD Unicorn Gundams...
Sir, your collection looks really awesome, the Tenshiho Shiba-I Sazabi is quite simply a masterpiece :O

Edited by tc012009, May 4 2010, 05:48 PM.

ZR0
Member Avatar

I dont think i'll ever get an SD. I dont like the look of em, the lack of parts or the amount of painting required to make something so small look like it does on the box.

meadeslemicah
Member Avatar
SD Gundam Mastah
@vegeta8259 I have to agree with tc012009, I really like your paintwork with Tenshiho Shiba-I Sazabi. as well as the custom SD Sazabi ,,V,^_^,V,,

Edited by meadeslemicah, May 4 2010, 07:07 PM.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Posted Image

2ndname
Member Avatar
I have some gimp ones that I bought without really thinking about it. I should have gone with some sort of a theme. That Sazabi facing off against Nu Gundam is awesome looking.

Blargg
Member Avatar
I like the idea of having a bunch of my favourite MSs in SD, it's just that it's awkward trying to find ones that aren't those historical figure versions. In most sites, they just lump them all in together, and you have to sift through hundreds upon hundreds of "Takeda Shingen Custom" and "Ryofu Tallgeese", all the while going "OOH! Tallgeese! No. No, that's not Tallgeese" or "OOOOH! Dijeh! I'll finally have a... Goddamn" and so on.

That, and what ZR0 said. They look almost nothing like the box. At least MGs have one side with an unpainted figure...

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
Mine, at least the ones i have out for display:
I really have to get around to finishing panel lining most of em lol
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Squee, May 21 2010, 10:01 PM.
Squees Workbench FB

ZR0
Member Avatar

Wow you've got the HG Dendrobium. Is it as big as the box makes it look?

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
LOL it's almost 3 feet from the front to back, and and about 18 inches wide. It's a beast. When i was younger i attempted to hang it from my ceiling but i the weight caused me to rethink the idea.
Squees Workbench FB

ryujin23
Member Avatar
Glad to see some people here likes SD kits. I got interested to SD kits mostly because i played a lot of Super Robot Taisen games and SD Gundam G Generation series.

My favorites so far in my collection are SD Strike Noir and SD RX-78-2 Gundam 30th Anniversary.
Edited by ryujin23, May 31 2010, 11:17 PM.
My Youtube - Animelist - Gunpla

tc012009
Member Avatar

Squee
May 21 2010, 11:30 PM
LOL it's almost 3 feet from the front to back, and and about 18 inches wide. It's a beast. When i was younger i attempted to hang it from my ceiling but i the weight caused me to rethink the idea.
Great SD collection but I'd love to see more of the Dendrobium. I kinda wish I got it last year instead of the PG 00, but as so few people have the model, its difficult to get good feedback on it.

ryujin23
Member Avatar
Can't wait to get my SD GP03D :)

I will try my best to make it look great.

ziljin
Member Avatar
Well I have zero right now. But I am going to order some starting this month at GSAM. Going to buy most of the 1/144 and SD kits that are in the monthly specials and club specials.
My first Stop Motion with CGI and Sound
Stop Motion Building Gunpla
My Stop Motion and Reviews
My generic website

tc012009
Member Avatar

ziljin
Jul 8 2010, 12:21 PM
Well I have zero right now. But I am going to order some starting this month at GSAM. Going to buy most of the 1/144 and SD kits that are in the monthly specials and club specials.
These little kits are really addicitve, great fun to paint also. ^_^

vegeta8259
Guru
the Luxurious Ryuubi looks really tempting..... But I can't quite justify the price tag yet (3990 yen)...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Edited by vegeta8259, Jul 8 2010, 01:33 PM.

Kibo
Otaku Ja Nai

Oh wow, it's huge. No wonder they wanna charge 3500 yen. o_O

Is that a middle finger I see? Pulling a Lilo? hehehehe

And I'm surprised as big as the kit is...they made hollow fingers....:(
Edited by Kibo, Jul 8 2010, 01:34 PM.
Posted Image

RedRobotor
Member Avatar
Uber Noob -->
I love SD they have a certain "je ne sais quoi" to them. I would highly recommend the shin sonken gundam if you don't have him already.
The Robotor

Tails_nightwatcher
Member Avatar
I only bought one SD gundam... I saw it for sale at a local Japanese Hobbyshop in seattle, Gundam 00 Raiser, I found out afterwards how much painting I would (and still do) need to do in order to make it look pretty good... and a stand for it would be pretty welcoming, considering the "wings" outstretch the legs in some poses. But overall, it was pretty fun to assemble, I was even more happy when the child I made it for smiled at it. ( I was taking care of a terminally Ill baby with severe braindamage, I left it with him as sort of a momento or protection when I left, and I got it in the mail recently with no news about the child)
My heartbeat stumbles and my backbone crumbles, I feel, is it real,as the lynch mob double. They want blood and they'll kill for, drain me and they'll kneel for it, Burn me at the stake, met the devil, made the deal for it. Guillotine dreams, yeah, their guillotine gleams. The blood of their enemies, watching while they sentence me. Sentencing ceased, sentence deceased, and watch them bask in the glory of their holy disease.

ryujin23
Member Avatar
I don't know, but i like how bandai forced us to paint SD Gundams :) Actually i don't mind at the beginning but i got bored looking at them without colors. So i bought some gundam markers and they turned out nice.

tc012009
Member Avatar

I actually love the fact that you have to paint these kit for them to look good. They are a really fantastic way to perfect brush paint techniques.

DragonBebop
Member Avatar
lazy and
tc012009
Jul 13 2010, 04:15 PM
I actually love the fact that you have to paint these kit for them to look good. They are a really fantastic way to perfect brush paint techniques.
and at a cheap price too :P
Join MobileOpsforAmerica and sign the petition to bring Operation Troy over to America.

Posted Image

tc012009
Member Avatar

DragonBebop
Jul 13 2010, 05:28 PM
tc012009
Jul 13 2010, 04:15 PM
and at a cheap price too :P
That being the most important part ^_^

meadeslemicah
Member Avatar
SD Gundam Mastah
New pics of SD release on OCT is up on NGK.

I'll probably put the bawoo and the Zssa on my wishlist. Maybe that siege tank too. hehe.

The SD Asshimar is quite tempting too.

so many sangokudens!!! so little time... They seem to release a new set every month. Even if they're SD's....it sure drains my $$. lol.
Edited by meadeslemicah, Jul 15 2010, 03:24 AM.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Posted Image

tc012009
Member Avatar

meadeslemicah
Jul 15 2010, 03:21 AM
New pics of SD release on OCT is up on NGK.

I'll probably put the bawoo and the Zssa on my wishlist. Maybe that siege tank too. hehe.

The SD Asshimar is quite tempting too.

so many sangokudens!!! so little time... They seem to release a new set every month. Even if they're SD's....it sure drains my $$. lol.
Some very interesting SD kit on the way. I've pre-ordered the Zssa he second it was available and I'm really looking forward to getting it next month.

Looks like we're going to be adding quite a few new SD to our collection towards the end of the year.

Posted Image

No. 30 Shin Enshou Bawoo is also going onto my wishlist

Posted Image

vegeta8259
Guru
I'll pass on Bawoo.... he's a scumbag in the show, just like Zssa.....

I'm definitely getting Ten-I Asshimar though :)

tc012009
Member Avatar

vegeta8259
Jul 15 2010, 07:46 AM

If funny, but as I've no prior knowledge of the show or characters traits, I totally base my BB SD purchases on aesthetics.

Both Zssa and Bawoo look like really interesting models with lots of potential.

Are the any MG/HG kits you would avoid due to dislike of the pilot?

vegeta8259
Guru
tc012009
Jul 15 2010, 09:16 AM
vegeta8259
Jul 15 2010, 07:46 AM

If funny, but as I've no prior knowledge of the show or characters traits, I totally base my BB SD purchases on aesthetics.

Both Zssa and Bawoo look like really interesting models with lots of potential.

Are the any MG/HG kits you would avoid due to dislike of the pilot?
I have no interest in either of the Jagd Dogas because Quess and Gyunei are two of my least favorite characters in ALL of Gundam...

vegeta8259
Guru
sorry for the double post but.....

more pics of Asshimar and Ashtaron
Posted ImagePosted Image

ziljin
Member Avatar
I wish they made more soldiers lol. I think I might pick up a couple of the Shin soldiers pack to build a small army. That catapult set looks awesome! And I guess I should get some horses too to make cavalry.

EDIT: Before I start this pla, can the Sangokuden soldiers even mount the horses?
Edited by ziljin, Jul 15 2010, 10:50 AM.
My first Stop Motion with CGI and Sound
Stop Motion Building Gunpla
My Stop Motion and Reviews
My generic website

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gunpla Product Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply