Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Five Star Stories Kits
Topic Started: Jul 18 2010, 08:42 AM (385,055 Views)
hoahoa
Member Avatar
how does i plastic.
I've been looking into different mechs recently. Armored core, Macross, Zoids, Code geass and what not, then i remembered getting an email from Hobbysearch about an Engage Sr3. I can't seem to find much information on any of the kits, besides release and preview images. I'm tempted to buy a few granted i find the ones i want in stock. as for construction, the kits from WAVE seem to be about Bandai's High grade level. There also seems to be a fair few resin kits from this manga.

Here's a few images.

Engage Sr3

LED mirage [something, there's a fair few LED Mirage suits]
Posted Image
Posted Image
(resin i think)

thoughts? once i can find a LED mirage sarion version in stock, i'll be buying it along with a Colus version.
Posted Image
Last.fm | My Anime List | Anniemoose and the Mangos (Anime/Manga Minireviews)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tc012009
Member Avatar
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

What do you think of this one? This is the resin Yen Xing

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tc012009

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RedRobotor
Member Avatar
Uber Noob -->
i like the kit. will you be custom painting it?
The Robotor

hoahoa
Member Avatar
how does i plastic.
the yen xing looks boss. here's another resin kit, the schpeltor.

Posted Image

all the resin kits i've found so far seem to be pretty pricey, older kits starting at 15,000 yen.
Posted Image

hoahoa
Member Avatar
how does i plastic.
just got linked this bastard
http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?products_id=1570

$728
10kg on completeion
stands at 170cm
Posted Image

NeuesZiel
Member Avatar
Zeon MS-Fanboy
I love FSS. I'd like to buy a nice resin kit some day but I haven't gotten around to it. My favorite would have to be the Scarlet Phantom:

Posted Image

ditzy
"Friendly fire, isn't."
anyone got that mirage sarion? I think I want one but it has no place in my already random collection of sorts..
post/check gunpla updates here crazy
need a break from gunpla?

Citrus
Experienced
How is that first Yen Xing standing?

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
I will own the Yen Xing. I plan on getting it next time i get some money to waste! XD
Squees Workbench FB

ironicPHRASE
Guru
I guess it's standing up supported by all
the whispy bits and the sword (^___^) ha ha

tc012009
Member Avatar

Squee
Nov 3 2010, 09:59 PM
I will own the Yen Xing. I plan on getting it next time i get some money to waste! XD
That is one beautiful model. I don't have the skills to do justice to that model at the moment, but its a great incentive to practice hard with the airbrush.

This is now my holy grail model.

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
I have never been able to find the one that is just standing up, i think that is the 1/35 scale versions that cost $500+.

I always find the nicer version(IMO) with the suit in the air.

Posted Image
Squees Workbench FB

tc012009
Member Avatar

Squee
Nov 4 2010, 07:27 PM
I have never been able to find the one that is just standing up, i think that is the 1/35 scale versions that cost $500+.

I always find the nicer version(IMO) with the suit in the air.

Posted Image
Wow, that blurs the line between a model and a piece of modern art.

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
Yup, and as soon as i get some spare cash i will own that! XD I'm kinda fiending for it, really trying not to put it on my cc.

Doing some research, i kinda want an Empress Flame as well.

http://www.billmodels.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=129&pos=4

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.e2046.com/product.php?products_id=2803
Edited by Squee, Nov 4 2010, 10:56 PM.
Squees Workbench FB

ingenhk
Member Avatar

The one you've just order is exactly the same as my 10th anniversary ver on page 73. which is also mold in semi-clear plastic. The only difference is the price(1850yen) and boxart. If you could put hold to your order, try to get the 10th anniversary ver.

Since you're new to FSS. You should be aware that like a Star Wars kit etc, custom color scheme is 'disapproved' by fans/ majority. Of course it's yours you can do it. But still, there is a 'play by the book' culture, you can't really find a picture of a custom colored FSS(or Star Wars etc, most other Sci-fi stuffs) kit online. The cases like Gundam are really an exception where thing went awry long ago.

false info, ignore below
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by ingenhk, Feb 29 2012, 08:46 AM.
ingenhk's FSS and WSC homepage | John's Youtube | John's Twitter
Posted Image

tc012009
Member Avatar

Aries the 13th
Jan 10 2011, 06:49 PM
@TC I'll certainly keep you posted.
I'm hopng this one won't dissapear into my backlog though, hehe (I think mine is about as big as yours ;) )
LOL, my backlog is a bottomless pit for which models never return!! The first entry into it was the MG EX-S, which to my shame is still untouched after two years of gathering dust :$ .

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the L.E.D Mirage. The Yen XIng is probably my holy grail (although a resin Nightingale is a close second), I just don't have the skills to do it justice. I think a good solid year of airbrush practice is needed before I can even dream of actually owing one.

EDIT: ingenhk, thanks you for that info on the 1/144 Yen Xing, I'd no idea it was being release by wave, I'm very interested in this.
Edited by tc012009, Jan 10 2011, 07:25 PM.

Aries the 13th
Member Avatar
Fan
ingenhk
Jan 10 2011, 07:17 PM
The one you've just order is exactly the same as my 10th anniversary ver on page 73. which is also mold in semi-clear plastic. The only difference is the price(1850yen) and boxart. If you could put hold to your order, try to get the 10th anniversary ver.

Since you're new to FSS. You should be aware that like a Star Wars kit etc, custom color scheme is 'disapproved' by fans/ majority. Of course it's yours you can do it. But still, there is a 'play by the book' culture, you can't really find a picture of a custom colored FSS(or Star Wars etc, most other Sci-fi stuffs) kit online. The cases like Gundam are really an exception where thing went awry long ago.

BTW, WAVE is releasing Yen Xing in 1/144 scale in 2 months, not sure if it's a plastic kit or not
Thanks for the info.
Bit mystified as to how reach page 73 though, the link I gave was for the place I bought the kit (HLJ in this case).
And this was the cheapest they got (though that's not something to be proud off, hehe). If it's clear plastic as well, I'll take my chance with it (though no mention of this being the case was made)

I've visited a few FSS blogs before, and I've already noticed the FSS fandom is kinda 'scary' ;).
I really buy these kits for my own pleasure. For me it's way I see the design that counts, and I see no real difference in painting my Qubeley, or my L-Gaim, or any kit from FSS in a colour scheme I might like. Though I'm really fond of Nagano's designs so it won't be anything distasteful (fingers crossed)

A 1/144 scale Yen Xing would be fantastic. I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled for that one!

@TC Sales, yes I know XD

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
hmm a 1/144 ffs is about 175mm... Just between a hg and a mg. Sounds interesting. Maybe i will hold off on getting the resin. XD

Edit* Are you talking about this one?!

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/02/fss-1144-yen-xing-new-images.html

If so, i'll just buy the 1/100 resin i've been eyeing... 21,000 Yen is a bit out of my ideal price range.
Edited by Squee, Jan 10 2011, 07:53 PM.
Squees Workbench FB

Aries the 13th
Member Avatar
Fan
@Squee You've just dislocated my jaw (twice when I saw the price)...
It seems to be described a triple set, though how that is to be intrepeted is anybodies guess.
If it's really three I would only need 2 more buyers... Anyone??

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
If that's the price for 3 that's roughly 85US for each one The resin kit for the 1/100 scale goes for about that price. I'd rather get that. Although the 3 types of shields is very nice. This is all debatable as that link was for 2010. And i know wave does occasionally make plastic kits of their resin figures. So confused.
Squees Workbench FB

Aries the 13th
Member Avatar
Fan
@Squee I'd forgotten bout e2046 prices, but I'm guessing it's $85 for a recast, right?

I'm not quite sure about the FSS catalog, and why Wave did release injection kits, but only a few. But I'm thinking most of the 1/144 line is quite new, so this might be a brand new mold?
I'm too scared to go ask a real FSSer, for the fear of being hounded down for mentioning a FSS kit and the word custom j/k

If feel so uninformed without Ngeek's blog, bleh

*and I feel I hijacked this thread somewhat, my apologies to everyone

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
Nah i'm not getting it from E2046. There are other better casting companies out there that have it with shipping factored in that are cheaper than E.
Squees Workbench FB

Aries the 13th
Member Avatar
Fan
Teehee, I've never checked the forum for FSS... Feel so dumb right now ;)
No need to look for lineart either XD
Edited by Aries the 13th, Jan 10 2011, 08:31 PM.

ingenhk
Member Avatar

My bad it was last year
ingenhk's FSS and WSC homepage | John's Youtube | John's Twitter
Posted Image

tc012009
Member Avatar

I'm a bit confused at the moment :huh: , is their a 1/144 version of Yen Xing on the way this year?

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
It was released last year on a limited run. It was a set of 3 units.
Squees Workbench FB

tc012009
Member Avatar

Squee
Jan 11 2011, 08:18 AM
It was released last year on a limited run. It was a set of 3 units.
Thanks Squee, its a pity it was released this way, it would have been a very wallet friendly way of getting this beautiful model.

The resin version is still my holy grail!!

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
Yea i keep buying other stuff instead of what's important. XD I should just buy it so that i have it and don't have to worry about it going out of circulation.
Squees Workbench FB

Aries the 13th
Member Avatar
Fan
Been searching a few hours now for a recast of the 1/144 Yen Xing, but to no avail :rawr: ...
Squee, you mentioned you know a lot better recasters than E. Do you know one that occasionally does FSS kits?

E2046 is pretty much the only site I know that sells resin recast (and only because it was mentioned here on GE), but customer feedback only seems average (to right out bad occasionaly) on their FSS kits. Not the best place to start for an utter noob at resin I suppose (and certainly not on a FSS kit)

I'm actually wondering if there is a resin of this guy:
Posted Image
The cross mirage on the right of course, the L-Gaim is good enough in it's HG form as is :P

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
Wave did a 1/144 of it. I'll pm you the link. But it's expensive 0.o

I also want a Vatshu The Black Knight...
Posted Image
Squees Workbench FB

8 users reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Five Star Stories Area · Next Topic »
Add Reply