Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Pictorial Disaster Inprogress
Topic Started: Nov 14 2012, 12:20 AM (6,014 Views)
Kiske
Member Avatar

Cracked open a 1/100 HG Seravee. Going with the flow and my usual approach on it. Will be removing the HG gorilla look, not sure if I will go as far as the recent "Extra Fit" styling though. So far other than some sketches, I've only started cracking down on the face with the basics.
Posted Image

On the Austrailian front I'm finishing up the remodeling of my Wing Gundam's legs. Just the ankle armor and minor annoying surface prep to go.
Posted Image

Lastly for this post is my Sandrock, which is still sitting. I've begun a process of waiting 4 months post modifying before painting to make sure I'm 100% happy before painting... so far my slacking er planning has held up 3 kits. Though I can admit it needs more work in the details.
Posted Image
Edited by Kiske, Sep 14 2013, 10:33 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
That wait period is a good idea! I might use that as an excuse to explain working on something else. XD Really looking forward to the Seravee.
Squees Workbench FB

chetario
Member Avatar

Can't wait to see the Seravee! It is one of my favorite mobile suits
Posted Image Posted Image
WIP Thread: HERE
Gallery: HERE

Kiske
Member Avatar

Found a missing part on MG Age 2... woot. Now it can go back in the box and into the bad kit pile to never be worked on again...
Posted Image
Edited by Kiske, Nov 18 2012, 01:18 PM.

Kiske
Member Avatar

Exia R3.

Posted Image

Ramzus
Very interested in what you plan to do with the Seravee and the Exia R3.

Kiske
Member Avatar

Finally made a dent in Seravee!

Posted Image
Scribing and chiseling all over. Took about 3 hours and files down all the roundness on the chest making everything flat, sharp and crisp. Began enlarging the chest vents. I for see much more work. Filled in the side of the head details and then scribed my own design. Took the 2pc front skirt armor and made it one, followed by detailing. Extended and slimmed up the mid torso with a bit of reshaping. Cut the cockpit into 6 and put it back together. This time much smaller and it is symetrical boxy shape instead of a wedge like one. Just started getting into the pla-plate detailing.

Zurh
Member Avatar
Devoted Member
Saravee looks awesome, looking forward to more pictures.

Kiske
Member Avatar

Not sure if the darker white's two-tone is noticeable enough. Still need paint the V-fin clear part candy red, clean up the black on the vents, decal, flat coat the head and gloss coat the eyes.

Posted Image

Kiske
Member Avatar

Slow and Steady... Just trying not to burn out.
Posted Image

sohmma
Member Avatar
Guru
these are some awesome works here dude! where's your whole WIP thread at?
Posted Image
Display Case
Work in Progress

Kiske
Member Avatar

MG Wing Remodeling. Head, Cockpit, Shoulders, Wings...
Posted Image

Finished planning on my MG Sandrock's Cross Crusher Attachment...
Posted Image

MG+HGFC Bashed God Gundam
Posted Image
Posted Image

MG Freedom Remodeling. Doing for something Evolve like drawing references from Anaheim Factory's Build and VP conversion kit.
Posted Image

GunplaGamer
Member Avatar
everything is looking amazing :D good luck with them! what did you use to remodel MG Freedom?
GunplaGamer.com || GunplaGamer YouTube Channel
TheAdmiral
Dec 4 2013, 01:38 PM
Okay guys, picture this: Perfect Grade Beargguy III, complete with pink cotton stuffing! :D

Kiske
Member Avatar

Pla-plate, Tyamiya Quick Type and some mold plate (plastic plate with molded details to create inside the vents. The face is a self recast of my MG WZC, which I added some cheeks to look more like Freedom. And some Kotobukiya detail parts. Just added to the original kit but used materials to sharpen the look.

chetario
Member Avatar

So many projects.

Can we get an update on Seravee?
Posted Image Posted Image
WIP Thread: HERE
Gallery: HERE

Kiske
Member Avatar

It's litterally exactly where it was in the last picture. I Right chest vent shattered upon reinstalling it. Resulting in scraping of the chest and destruction of the vent... I hadn't bothered to make color for them and just mixed and preshaded on the go since there is only a few parts that color on seravee (yellows and the main body color.) I haven't gotten anything else to the paint bench so it has had time to sit and likely will stay until I have to finish it to paint the next kit.

I have a bit of A.D.D when it comes to models. Like 30-40 projects unfinished... Sad.

Kiske
Member Avatar

MG design more akin to the TV version of Shenlong.
Posted Image

BusterZero
Member Avatar
Guru
rock
Sep 14 2013, 10:35 AM
MG design more akin to the TV version of Shenlong.
Posted Image
Your shaping/sculpting is remarkable. What did you use for shaping the back of shenlong's head?
Posted Image

RenExarDroma
Member Avatar
Guru
I really like all your work, cant wait to see more of sandrock!

capsuletoyco
Member Avatar
Wow, just wow. The mods you've done on all of those kits (especially the Gundam Wing ones) is really amazing. I'd love to see some more photos or perhaps a sculpting tutorial from you. Just wow!!!
Feel free to inquire about commissions ^_^

Kiske
Member Avatar

@Buster Zero. Epoxy putty. The only challenge is not trying to sculpt too much at one time. Sculpt one thing > let it dry> sand it > sculpt ontop of it and repeat. Try to do it all at once and you end up having a nightmare sanding that will never come out right.

Gave in and bought the X-3 just so I can recast the thruster attachment parts to finish my X1... These have been taking up my workbench since March... last year. :O I think just a few more custom decals and basic finishing for the X1's backpack are needed.

Posted Image

Kiske
Member Avatar

I can build again! Kinda... Sorta... Maybe. Arm gets fatigued easily still but, better than nothing I think? Quite rough. Was stupid to attemp scribing while in a cast, but managed kinda. Trying to just process it though. Might go grab an oob kit until my arm is better though.

79% resculpted. 40% happy with it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Edited by Kiske, Jun 3 2014, 07:11 PM.

rxslinger
Member Avatar
Addicted Member
What do you use for your scribing? Chisels, saws, hobby knife?
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/rxslinger
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kiske
Member Avatar

Tamiya Scriber II for 90%, Full HQ Parts and BMC Chisel sets for expansion and very, very rarely a hobby PE saw and homemade edge scribers like used in after seeing A2Crafts feature (Nu Gundam vs Sazabi episode) of Plamo Tsukurou Usually just draw the lines and freehand with dymo tape as a guide.

BusterZero
Member Avatar
Guru
I really need to invest in a chisel set. :( I'm liking what I'm seeing so far btw. Wing gundam is my favorite ms, and I have to say the mods on the head are a great improvement to the original design. Great work. ;)
Edited by BusterZero, Jun 3 2014, 10:16 PM.
Posted Image

Crysalles
Member Avatar
I wanna see this sandrock! Was amazing!
http://gundamspilot.blogspot.com.br/

Kiske
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Finished shot of the rear head sculpt. Still need to add/make camera lens holo-film.

Posted Image
Shading inside the thrusters...

Posted Image
All frame is done, all yellow is done, all blue is done... might actually finish it before the Tamiya V10 beast arrives!
Edited by Kiske, Jun 7 2014, 02:45 AM.

Zurh
Member Avatar
Devoted Member
Very nice, progress like this makes me want to pull the spare foam board out and work on a kit thats in my backlog side by side my 5 group build project.

Kiske
Member Avatar

Other than detail painting, cleanup and decals I've done everything other than the leg armor. Will have to buckle down and go! Always hate repeating mods from one side of the body to the other. -_-

Posted Image

Kiske
Member Avatar

I've started a few other builds... one on hold the other trashed.

Barbatos http://gundameclipse.net/topic/5927513/1/#new This one is basicly dead. I was gun-ho when the series (IBO) first came out and they were on Mars fighting dirty. The series then gradually went down hill from there IMO... killing my desire.

Arch Angel of ORB http://gundameclipse.net/topic/5617512/1/#new This one is on hold sadly. I was pretty discouraged to find someone else built the same diorama I had been planning midway and even more annoyed to find the kit (which I bought second hand) was missing pieces to the rail guns and gundam launchers. I'm patiently waiting for one to pop-up on ebay or local forums for sale dirt cheap as this kit seemed to jump in value and people are wanting over $50 for it. I think I paid $22.00 when a few months after it released... that or I need to figure out a creative way to hide the side of the kit I'm missing parts for w/o battle damage. If anyone has any ideas, feel free. I was possibly thinking having the AA resurfacing from under the sea as it did in the show with wave hiding it. IDK

Making a dash to finish my MG Wing Gundam this memorial weekend... seeing how it has been litterally on my workbench since 2014 -_-u... (I know) Took a break after knocking out the scuplting of the upper thighs to test a few base/pose idea's for my MG TV dream team... Sadly the base it too small.

Posted Image
Edited by Kiske, May 27 2016, 11:49 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Painted Projects WIP · Next Topic »
Add Reply