Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gundam Build Fighters; Premiering October 2013
Topic Started: Sep 6 2013, 01:21 PM (76,928 Views)
ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
Figured I'd start this thread now that the Summer anime season is ending and we are rapidly approaching the Fall anime season. Kit discussion is in a separate thread, right here.

Posted Image
Lazy copypasta from Gundam.info:
Quote:

Gundam Build Fighters, the newest Gundam TV series, was announced at today's "Gundam New Video Project" press conference. The series will air on TV Tokyo and affiliates beginning in October 2013.

Gundam Build Fighters tells the story of new battles fought by some of Gundam fans' favorite mobile suits, while letting new fans' taste for Gunpla carry them into enjoyment of a TV series.

The series will be directed by Kenji Nagasaki, assistant director of the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 TV series and movie, and written by Gundam 00 screenwriter Yosuke Kuroda.
Character designs have been created by Kenichi Ohnuki, an art director for Gundam SEED and later TV series, with assistance from Suzuhito Yasuda.
The star-studded mechanical design lineup includes Kunio Okawara. Junichi Akutsu, Junya Ishigaki, Kanetake Ebikawa, and Kenji Teraoka.

Basically the same concept as the 2010 Gunpla Builders OVA, though it looks less like the Bonds of the Battlefield game and more like...Angelic Layer, sorta.

Preview 1
Preview 2

Thoughts, comments, rage, indifference, excitement, etc. go below!
Edited by ChexGuy, Sep 6 2013, 01:22 PM.
VG GB Entry: Volks Oratan Temjin ( WIP - Finished Build )
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
I actually like how the Build Strike looks in action. The HG looks even better.
So why does the lineart look so ugly?
Now you see, what you did wrong there was read the comment section on GG.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
Trust no one. Play/watch/build/experience it yourself!
-CKai Cydek

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
It's another one of those angle things - they used the same pose for the lineart of the regular Strike.

On animation quality - definitely looks higher than that of AGE so far.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
Definitely. The motions of the Build Strike vs. Zaku Amazing (That beam slash!) and Gyan are slick.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
-CKai Cydek

Juno-Uno
Member Avatar
ガンプラを作りましょう~!!

As a fan of kitbash customs, I'm really looking forward to seeing what other custom designs they'll be dishing out in the series. Hopefully we'll get to see some unique ones for each Gundam series as well as some from the side stories.

Mecha tentacle :
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"It does not matter what you like, your reasons for liking it, and how much you like it, somebody out there hates you for liking it."
Posted Image
DeviantArt and Twitter <<<click these

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
Some production sketches were posted in the kit discussion thread by ZR0. You've got the ordinary GP01 and Heavyarms, but there's also the bottom of a Guntank with the upper half of the RX-78-2.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

Kiske
Member Avatar

Having been playing Gundam Breakers (PS3) which is kind of a tie-in I can say nothing good comes out of kitbashing without BLENDING in the mods. Looks like for the most part Build Fighters meets the same fate. (Though X and the Zaku are stomach-able.)

Juno-Uno
Member Avatar
ガンプラを作りましょう~!!

I guess the Alvaron from Gundam 00 will make an appearance, which is odd since there isn't a gunpla of it available.....yet(?):

Posted Image
"It does not matter what you like, your reasons for liking it, and how much you like it, somebody out there hates you for liking it."
Posted Image

jon doom
Member Avatar
I will probably watch this but there is a lot of good anime in this fall 2013 season so it may become part of the no count. Gundam needs to go back to it's roots like 00 did and be a politically motivated Seinen style anime instead of these Shounen shows like SEED and AGE.
Posted Image
Dooms blog
My Anime list, peep it!

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
To me, that only refers to 00's first season...the second season kind of fell apart.

On the bright side, they're deliberately trying to be different this time around instead of passing it off as the "next Gundam series."
Edited by ChexGuy, Sep 16 2013, 11:04 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

Hachi
Member Avatar
Fan
I know there are supposed to be some licensing issues regarding Gundam Sentinel, would this series potentially be a way to get some designs animated since they wouldn't be using the characters? Or are the designs verboten too?
Current backlog:
MG Sazabi Ver Ka / HG Rebawoo
MG Crossbone X-3 / MG Zeta Unit 3 / HG Delta Gundam
And a whole mess of kits to be painted! WIP thread...eventually!

Juno-Uno
Member Avatar
ガンプラを作りましょう~!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Red Nova
Member Avatar
Count up your sins!
Some preview images of the first episode and we're getting Wing GUndam VS Gyan

So here's some previews from the first episode of Build FIghters.

Posted Image

GUNDAM GUY: Gundam Build Fighters - PV Images Of The 1st Episode "Wing Gundam vs. Gyan"

Seems like an unfair fight right? Well what shocks me is that
Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
Well, they did say that Sei sucked at piloting. No surprise there.
Though I do wonder how the HGUC Gyan is able to move without tripping over, considering its crappy ankles...
Edited by Otonashi, Oct 6 2013, 11:09 PM.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
-CKai Cydek

Juno-Uno
Member Avatar
ガンプラを作りましょう~!!

1st ep begins airing today: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-06/gundam-build-fighters-anime-to-stream-in-n-america

*EDIT*
GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS -Episode 1: Sei and Reiji (ENGsub): http://youtu.be/R9H1u1zFVNc
Edited by Juno-Uno, Oct 7 2013, 08:22 AM.
Posted Image

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
SAGE, who was pretty much the only group doing Gundam AGE, has confirmed they're subbing in case streaming isn't your thing.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

Juno-Uno
Member Avatar
ガンプラを作りましょう~!!

Just finished watching the first ep and I have to say that I am very impressed by the quality.
Seeing all these mobile suits in modern day animation is a very nice treat to all Gundam fans. And I'm sure UC fans will love the cameo of a certain character. Definitely made me laugh out of joy. XD
Posted Image

Hachi
Member Avatar
Fan
I about lost it when he showed up. Just the first episode, but two thumbs up so far. I loved that giant display full of lead Gundams.
Current backlog:

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
so...better than the Gunpla Builders OVA so far?

I won't be able to watch the series until later but I've definitely noticed higher animation quality compared to AGE.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

Hachi
Member Avatar
Fan
Eh, I guess that depends on why you didn't like Gunpla Builders. Animation is where we'd expect a big budget series, characters are a little less flat and cheesy (though Reiji swims in it), and references are not the least bit subtle. It's just the first episode though, and we all know how flawed first impressions can be. At the very least, I personally don't see it as a day one failure like AGE was, if that helps any.
Current backlog:

ZR0
Member Avatar

I'm liking this series already. Loved seeing the titans colour ReGz and a certain old man.
I absolutely lot it when the Dijeh cleaved the Freedom in half.

I await the day that Turn A, Turn X and Crossbone get new HG kits.
Maybe bandai is hinting something here.

Posted Image
Edited by ZR0, Oct 7 2013, 01:58 PM.

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
Hachi
Oct 7 2013, 01:34 PM
Eh, I guess that depends on why you didn't like Gunpla Builders. Animation is where we'd expect a big budget series, characters are a little less flat and cheesy (though Reiji swims in it), and references are not the least bit subtle. It's just the first episode though, and we all know how flawed first impressions can be. At the very least, I personally don't see it as a day one failure like AGE was, if that helps any.
I didn't dislike Gunpla Builders, it just felt a little lacking. Then again, they only had 3 episodes to work with so they did what they could. I also didn't consider AGE a day one failure, more of a "could have been better for the first half and sucked completely for the second half."
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

Hachi
Member Avatar
Fan
Just my opinion on the matter. I didn't feel that it had any redeeming qualities after the first outing. Build Fighters is definitely laying the groundwork for a much more fleshed out series than the Gunpla Builders OVA was though. The effect they're using to animate the model boxes is a little jarring however.

An nice catch ZR0. I spent so much time trying to figure out what the Turn X was from behind that I missed the Crossbone. The Sentinel got a nice cameo too. Hopefully we'll see it in action.
Edited by Hachi, Oct 7 2013, 02:45 PM.
Current backlog:

Eon chao
Fan
Hachi
Oct 7 2013, 02:44 PM
Just my opinion on the matter. I didn't feel that it had any redeeming qualities after the first outing. Build Fighters is definitely laying the groundwork for a much more fleshed out series than the Gunpla Builders OVA was though. The effect they're using to animate the model boxes is a little jarring however.

An nice catch ZR0. I spent so much time trying to figure out what the Turn X was from behind that I missed the Crossbone. The Sentinel got a nice cameo too. Hopefully we'll see it in action.
It seems to be an effect that's cropping up more and more. It was used in GPB for the same effect and also I noticed they did something similar in Genshiken Nidaime with the dvds on people's shelves.

Overall I enjoyed episode 1. Reiji annoyed me alittle bit in terms of how he was executed but hopefully that will pass. As someone who likes Age more than 00 (that 2nd series and film >.<) I'm actually thinking this is shaping up to be my favourite series since Turn A. Also as someone not crazy about the Strike I'll be picking up a MG Build Strike on day one for sure after that cool fight against the Gyan.

WarMachine395
Member Avatar

ZR0
Oct 7 2013, 01:39 PM
I'm liking this series already. Loved seeing the titans colour ReGz and a certain old man.
I absolutely loved it when the Dijeh cleaved the Freedom in half.

I await the day that Turn A, Turn X and Crossbone get new HG kits.
Maybe bandai is hinting something here.
It seems you and I shared the same favorite moment, and I hope we get a whole lot more HGUCs of all those older UC designs.

I think Turn X needs an MG :D

Facebook-----Youtube-----Blogspot

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
I'd hate to have my Gunpla destroyed like that. Poor Wing...
Please, someone explain to me how the HG Gyan can move like that. It's bothering me.
Reiji, what are you?
Edited by Otonashi, Oct 7 2013, 05:09 PM.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
-CKai Cydek

Ryc03
Member Avatar

.... I wonder...

Reporter: "Dr. Plavsky, there was a rumor that you were rushing to apply for a name change when you first discover the new particle, but stopped when properties of the particle were further investigated. What was the name you were planning to call yourself?"

Dr. Plavsky: "...Mi....Mino...... nevermind...."

Visit me on my Blog - Ryc03's Toy Cabinets

Posted Image

Juno-Uno
Member Avatar
ガンプラを作りましょう~!!

Otonashi
Oct 7 2013, 05:02 PM
Reiji, what are you?
They hinted that he's from a place called Arian.
Hopefully he's not some special/ancient being from another planet. ^__^;
Posted Image

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
Juno-Uno
Oct 7 2013, 05:23 PM
Otonashi
Oct 7 2013, 05:02 PM
Reiji, what are you?
They hinted that he's from a place called Arian.
Hopefully he's not some special/ancient being from another planet. ^__^;
Where did they hint that?
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
-CKai Cydek

Squee
Member Avatar
Ever the Obvious...
After watching that episode, kind of want a build strike doing that hover over the desert with one blade pose.
Squees Workbench FB
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Alternate Universe Gundam · Next Topic »
Add Reply