Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mystery Science Theater 3000; I like it very much!
Topic Started: Apr 10 2017, 03:45 PM (219 Views)
tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
The new MST3K officially starts this coming weekend, but I got to see the first episode this past weekend - I gotta say I love what they've done with it. I think it was a solid episode and I love all the little touches like the band playing old MST3K songs on the commercial breaks, the new door sequence, and the new Gerry Anderson-style sequences for the cold open and the new intro. I guess my only complaint is some of the character animation (flying Servo, Gypsy in the theater) seemed a bit stiff. But I'm real happy with the result...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZEE
Member Avatar
Fan
I'm sorry this thread got no love. I am a big fan of people talking robots movies bad and so forth. I made a promise to myself that I would not take in the 11th season until a particular goal of mine was reached, and now that it has been I'm just waiting for the feeling. Hopefully I will not hate it, but if I can enjoy the average Rifftrax I think I'm probably gonna be okay here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
Personally I think they did some great stuff with it. It's tough adjusting to a new cast (much as it was in seasons 5 and 8) but I think they did a great job with the revival and I love a lot of the creative choices made along the way.

...and Season 12 is coming. Since there's no release date yet, it's probably gonna be next year...

ZEE
Member Avatar
Fan
I like Joel and Mike equally as hosts, so that works out well for me. And I figure that even if this cast doesn't do it for me, I've still got some amazingly S***ty movies to look forward to. Reptilicus AND Star Crash? Dial me in.

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
ZEE
Jan 11 2018, 04:21 PM
I like Joel and Mike equally as hosts, so that works out well for me. And I figure that even if this cast doesn't do it for me, I've still got some amazingly S***ty movies to look forward to. Reptilicus AND Star Crash? Dial me in.

I think Trace's departure was probably the hardest change for me during the original run... But by that time I'd already been through the departures of Josh, Joel, and Frank (and I was happy to see the show back after Comedy Central canceled it) so while it took some getting used to, I was ready to give it a chance, and ultimately they did do some good work in the Sci-Fi years. This is the first time they've had a completely new cast all at once, though, so it's a bit different from previous cast changes, and I think some fans have had trouble with the change.

ZEE
Member Avatar
Fan
Trace will always be MST's MVP for me, but Bill Corbett is one funny mo fo so it's all good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply