Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MSZ-010S ZZ Gundam x MSA-0011 S Gundam; UC 0088
Topic Started: Mar 11 2018, 02:19 PM (419 Views)
Kiske
Member Avatar

Posted Image

After cutting off the face, cheeks and High-Mega Cannon (HMC,) some plastic plate was used to form the back of the head. Most of the work was done independently and prior to cutting up the MG ZZ Ver.KA head, which meant I then had to cut up what I had done and readjust it (widen it, and angle the visor down) to fit the MG parts. After gluing everything in place poly and epoxy putties were used to begin reforming the shapes.

I cut up the Vfin and glued it to the HMC. The folding bits for the transformation originally left an ugly gap between the v-fin and head. I then began to bulk up the HMC using 2 layers of plaplate. Until the base of the head is finished I will not finish adding to the HMC to prevent having to redo what was already done. Afterwards everything was brushed with some Mr. Surfacer to create a guide coat for the next round of sanding.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Edited by Kiske, Mar 11 2018, 07:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

electric indigo
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kiske
Member Avatar

I absolutely hate snapping transforming MS... give me an HG/RE100 or Resin kit anyday.
Posted Image

And. This is a thing now. Pulled out the EX-s/S-Gundam project to revisit them knowing I can do better. Starting with the head. Which IMO zero of the kits have done well on. The NeoGrade kit is a horrible design, and the CoreWorks head is almost off a 1/100. As it happens Machine Head series #2 too the rescue. It is a bit smaller and closer to the artwork with the option to open up the hatches make it a pretty good balance I think. Once the portion work on the chest and shoulders is corrected it should do nicely.

The head really won't need much other than a bit of cleanup and reworking of the V-Fin. After hollowing the underside and using the space PC 22 (included with the MG kit) it is a direct fit!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Edited by Kiske, Mar 18 2018, 06:35 PM.

Kiske
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Not much of an update. I hope to get a good session in tonight though.

I've been using The MS Archive Modeling Manual as an aid in styrene scratch building. Starting with a new chest. I was a bit to gun-ho and didn't properly check my measurements so it didn't turn out quite as planned though. Currently it isn't big enough to use fit the MG chest vents. I should be able to add another mm or so to the height to correct this or carefully file down the edges of the yellow vent.

The corefighter/torso was glued together and then styrene was used to create and angle version of the armor, hoping to match the profile of the ZZ ver.KA's. I think I'm going to end up coating it in epoxy and trying to work around the corefighter is very difficult given how the kits 3 parts link together for the transformation.

Started lengthening the thigh armor like the G-System kit has. I will dial it a back down as it doesn't look much better. Too much of a gorilla look.

Kiske
Member Avatar

Version 2 of the corefighter/torso. Gave in on trying to keep the fighter's original part separation and filled it in solid. A little beefier and shorter this time. Removed the pice below the cockpit as they make contact now with this take.
Posted Image
Edited by Kiske, Mar 25 2018, 12:36 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Painted Projects WIP · Next Topic »
Add Reply