Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Figurerise LABO Fumina statue model
Topic Started: Mar 28 2018, 04:28 AM (1,215 Views)
Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
Now this is different. Is this the successor of Figure-rise bust?

http://figure-news24.info/archives/3997

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/TheBangDoll2989
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZEE
Member Avatar
Fan
I am horrified and fascinated all at once:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:Bounce:
Edited by ZEE, Mar 28 2018, 06:46 AM.

Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
I want to buy this, put in my mouth and lick it all over. Does that make me a pervert?

Haides
Member Avatar
ReclaimerX22
Isn't this chick supposed to be in like, middle school?
"Peace, through superior firepower."

Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
I was referring to the way the parts are curved. It's one of Ingenhk's favorite phrases. For a plastic model, this is bananas.

I also believe she was 15 or so in the show. But this is nothing compared to some of the very questionable merchandise I've seen of Rei and Asuka, both younger and less physically developed than Fumina.

CKai Cydek
Member Avatar
A cynic & a dreamer

As someone who may never use an airbrush in his life, this pleases me ^_^

Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
I just realized that the pink parts of the dual injection are meant to replicate the skin tone.

Man, I am way more enthusiastic for this than I should be. This might be the most brilliant thing technology-wise that Bandai has put out since the RG RX-78-2.

kajnrig
Fan
Zip
http://gundameclipse.net/single/?p=912071&t=8248323
This might be the most brilliant thing technology-wise that Bandai has put out since the RG RX-78-2.
Funnily enough, their advanced injection molding tech turned out to be far better suited to anime figures than it ever was to mecha kits. The engineering of faces in their Figure-rise bust kits impressed me far more than any RG or MG ever did.

Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
What scale will this be in? 1/6 or 1/8 is about what I would expect.

OOB:

https://twitter.com/ToyBU/status/978947621623513088

Posted Image
Edited by Zip, Mar 28 2018, 08:50 AM.

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
http://bandai-hobby.net/site/figurerise-labo/index.html

includes a PV
VG GB Entry: Volks Oratan Temjin ( WIP - Finished Build )
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

ingenhk
Member Avatar

~!Primer coat it...
ingenhk's FSS and WSC homepage | John's Youtube | John's Twitter
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BusterZero
Member Avatar
Guru
ingenhk
Mar 28 2018, 10:17 AM
~!Primer coat it...
oh my.... :$
Posted Image

ZEE
Member Avatar
Fan
Welp, it's official, we've got a full-blown plastic girlfriend division going on at Bandai Hobby and there'll be no getting away from it anytime soon.
Edited by ZEE, Mar 28 2018, 12:11 PM.

Derringer
Member Avatar
GunPla Nurse
http://bandaihobby.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/03/28/190000

Figure-rise LABO is the new product line. According to the Bandai blog, this was the last pet project of one of Bandai's long time engineers. He's been with the company for about 10 years and is being transferred or moving on. He was part of the teams responsible for the kits in the Revive HG project, but mostly for the new areas bandai has been branching out into including the Castle Collection, the Figure-rise Busts for Love Live, Dolly collection and Pika-chin.

He mentions also the next one is Hatsune Miku.

Ryc03
Member Avatar

I am hoping there will be added cross compatibility with the Figure-Rise Bust line. Imagine they make a figure model kit with a compatible joint at the waist, so you can swap between the full figure's pose and the Figure-Rise Bust version.

Still, where are my Figure-Rise Bust from the original Love Live?
Visit me on my Blog - Ryc03's Toy Cabinets

Posted Image

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
Interesting! I had wondered if the injection sites for the pink (on the legs, etc.) would be visible, seems like they put the injection sites at the point where the two legs make contact with each other, so they're hidden by the pose.
(And, of course, there's also injection sites at the top of the leg, hidden by the join with the rest of the body, and at the bottom of the foot, where it's hidden by contact with the base. I think you can see the injection site on the sole of her left foot through the clear part in some photos.)

Is this the same approach they're using with the new Star Wars figures, or are those factory-painted?
Edited by tetsujin, Mar 28 2018, 05:56 PM.

Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
ingenhk
Mar 28 2018, 10:17 AM
~!Primer coat it...
You're going to need a lot of soap and cold water to clean that off. :P

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
These look on par with the best figures, but cost about half the price.
Hope this line takes off, Bandai has licenses for a bunch of franchises I'd love to see this line have figures of.
Now you see, what you did wrong there was read the comment section on GG.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
Trust no one. Play/watch/build/experience it yourself!
-CKai Cydek

Derringer
Member Avatar
GunPla Nurse
tetsujin
Mar 28 2018, 02:05 PM

Is this the same approach they're using with the new Star Wars figures, or are those factory-painted?
Han Solo and Luke because they are replicating the actor's likeness, are printed onto the plastic. Bandai developed a new process called Tri-Axial printing that prints the face from 3 angles.

Porkulus
Member Avatar
1/144 Collector
Even though it's a product I'm not very interested in, I have to admit that this is some amazing technology with a great deal of potential. Hopefully Bandai keeps developing new applications for this.
Edited by Porkulus, Mar 29 2018, 08:54 AM.
Look at you. You're reading about Gundams, when you could be reading about Gundams and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.
Paradox Fighters. It's like Skyrim with Guns.

ZEE
Member Avatar
Fan
Give us a Char figure with this technology and possibly I might be persuaded, but I can't say I'm thrilled to have sexy-girl kits become a bona fide part of the Gunpla ecosphere.

BusterZero
Member Avatar
Guru
ZEE
Mar 29 2018, 09:18 AM
Give us a Char figure with this technology and possibly I might be persuaded, but I can't say I'm thrilled to have sexy-girl kits become a bona fide part of the Gunpla ecosphere.
Can we get a Haman Karn kit as well, I need one to test out......primer coats...
Posted Image

Ryc03
Member Avatar

Preorder for her come and go as fast as the MegamI Devices kits... I think Bandai is onto a winner here
Edited by Ryc03, Mar 29 2018, 01:35 PM.
Visit me on my Blog - Ryc03's Toy Cabinets

Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

This is going to sell like crazy. It's an anime figure that looks presentable (not perfect) for a good price that anyone can build in a day. Bandai sure knows how to make money!

I'm 100% sick and tired of seeing Fumina all over the place, but if the next one is indeed Hatsune Miku you can count me in. That would be a good reason to buy the kit and enjoy that technology.
Quote Post Goto Top

theplasticone
Member Avatar
So Bandai just figured out they can make the outer layer of a multicolor/material injection thinner/less pigmented for the underlayers to show through.

I wonder if it would be possible to delaminate the layers and do some truly weird stuff with the undershading.

kajnrig
Fan
theplasticone
Mar 29 2018, 09:26 PM
So Bandai just figured out they can make the outer layer of a multicolor/material injection thinner/less pigmented for the underlayers to show through.

I wonder if it would be possible to delaminate the layers and do some truly weird stuff with the undershading.
Even on their old HG kits that featured that tech you could separate the layers if you were careful. I don't think it would be any different here, just harder. Imagine delaminating the eyes of Figure-rise busts...

Kiske
Member Avatar

Oliver-FSS
Mar 29 2018, 05:39 PM
I'm 100% sick and tired of seeing Fumina all over the place, but if the next one is indeed Hatsune Miku you can count me in.
This cracks me up.

What were the odds that you'd pick one of the few other modern characters that, to many, have also over flooded the figure market. lol :woot:

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
theplasticone
Mar 29 2018, 09:26 PM
On some level I don't really like that because it's not a feature that serves me as a modeler who paints. I either buy the figure and take advantage of its elaborately rendered flesh-effect, but wind up not really having much part in the model's final look, or else I paint over the default finish, which makes the whole multi-injection thing sort of meaningless to my build... Products like this feel awkward to me, I generally try to avoid products that I don't have a lot of involvement in. I quit buying toys like Transformers and PVC figures 'cause when I display something, I want it to be something I made... And I certainly could do that with this kit, it just feels kind of weirdly counterproductive.

But what really fascinates me about this is that it possibly achieves something painting really can't: skin does have a bit of transparency and light-scattering properties. Light actually penetrates the skin and makes it glow - in computer graphics they call it "subsurface scattering". So one of the interesting things to me here is that this figure may actually pull off an effect that paint can't.

Quote:

Ha! I imagine hitting it with a bit of solvent might do the trick if you get it down to the layer boundary first. Maybe enamel thinner, that seems to be pretty destructive... I've never tried separating multi-injection parts before, I expect they'd have a pretty good bond, though.

ZEE
Member Avatar
Fan
These appear to be solid moldings, so separating the layers wouldn't really be possible --- even if you could get them to unstick, what then?

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
ZEE
Mar 29 2018, 11:59 PM
These appear to be solid moldings, so separating the layers wouldn't really be possible --- even if you could get them to unstick, what then?
Well it would be a destructive removal of the outer layer, like removing the shell from an egg.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gunpla Product Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply