Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Official Armored Core Game Thread; Banter anything Armored Core
Topic Started: Mar 29 2018, 08:24 PM (418 Views)
LeDelmo
I wanted to make this thread for Armored Core fans to get together on here.

Why not start this off with posting your favorite Armored Core and why?

Mines:
Armored Core Last Raven - This one has almost all my favorite AC parts from the old Gen.
Armored Core For Answers - Weapons selection has to be one of the best no matter the Gen.

So, is anyone else excited for Armored Core 6? What are your expectations?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kajnrig
Fan
Fuuuuuuck. I didn't play ANY of the PS2 games despite my owning a PS2. I played the PS1 original and then dropped off the series until seeing it again on PS3. By then it had changed so much - apparently very drastically from the PS2 games - that it was basically a brand new game franchise to me.

Watching the gameplay of the PS2 ones, though, I'm kind of glad that I "started" with AC4. Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner was my formative mecha game and Macross my formative mecha anime, so an Armored Core that fell right in line with both of these was the best thing I could have possibly hoped for.

I remember tuning a mostly Algebra Barbaroi frame to still charge the energy gauge while flying, making for near-perpetual flight and near-infinite boost capability. Blades in each arm if I was feeling particularly adventurous, and the sometimes dull missions became very exciting indeed.

FA's unique mechanics were lots of fun, too, but I think AC4 is definitely my favorite. Never touched V, though. The gameplay and mecha designs both seemed to take a step back in that iteration, as the merchandise can attest.

LeDelmo
Anyone know if Nine Breaker or Formula Front had any parts exclusive to them?

Those two games are the only two I have never played.

kajnrig, I would highly recommend the PS2 era Armored Core games. Gen 4 was a great generation that really didn't get the longevity that it deserved. I would have loved to have seen more games in the 4 generation. Especially, after seeing how terrible gen 5 did.

kajnrig
Fan
If they ever HD remaster them for PS4, you can bet I'll be first in line. 'Til then, though, no PS2 means no dice...

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
kajnrig
Mar 30 2018, 10:45 PM
Never touched V, though. The gameplay and mecha designs both seemed to take a step back in that iteration, as the merchandise can attest.
Generally I'm with you when it comes to AC5's designs. None of it really resonated with me.

That said, I really like some of the gameplay decisions in AC5. When you have a game where you can more or less fly indefinitely, terrain becomes a bit irrelevant. It almost doesn't matter where you are or which way you're going, as long as you dodge what's shot at you. By limiting your mobility a bit in AC5 it becomes a very terrain-oriented game and I like that. I like having a bit more structure around the battle.

That said, I kind of stink at AC5.

But the designs are a harder sell for me, to be sure. I like that they went to smaller mecha, more on the scale of the Assault Suits games or Votoms, putting everything at a more human scale - but I don't think their design aesthetic really merged well with that idea.

I got a PS2 in 2001 and Armored Core 2 was the first game I got for it, and I followed the series all the way through to the end of the PS2 run. The AC2 and AC3 series really are the heart of it for me, and I love the mechanical designs from that point in the series history. The AC4 aesthetic wasn't as appealing to me (I have a bit more appreciation for it now, but I'm still more interested in the AC2 and AC3 designs)

At this point I've been away from all the games long enough that I may have a different perspective on it all now...

LeDelmo
I'm replaying AC4. I honestly can't even remember if I played this one before...

Unfortunately, I am stuck with Reg 1.0 and that's it! Really, stupid how Sega did those. It should have been available regardless of server availability.

Just got to Ch 3. I'm trying to S rank everything the first go around. But, it's been rough because of the old Reg's and with how expensive parts are. I have to be very careful with what I spend my Money on or I could end up at a mission needing a certain part and unable to buy it. "I miss Arena"

But, Man it good to get back into playing another AC game. They better be working there @$$ off on AC6.

Really hoping for a June reveal.

MetalMech
Member Avatar
Fan
God I miss this game. I only ever got to play 1 and 2. Never got into any of them after that. I would love to see remaster/relaunch/reboot
Current Build:
[2015 GEAC] PG RX-78-2
HG DOM R35

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
LeDelmo
Apr 10 2018, 01:05 AM
I'm replaying AC4. I honestly can't even remember if I played this one before...

Unfortunately, I am stuck with Reg 1.0 and that's it! Really, stupid how Sega did those. It should have been available regardless of server availability.
Dang, I never thought of that... I suppose I'm probably stuck on old revs of AC4, 4A, 5, and VD as well...

LeDelmo
Yep, Had to spend some cash to tweek the AC enough where it could "actually" fly. Increase Vertical thrust, Lower Energy Consumption, Increase Energy output. All my Tuning goes to Energy and Thrust. So I am finally able to fly around a little more freely. But, Unfortunately I still cant stay on the water. If I try to let my AC float is sinks like a rock. So I have to constantly keep moving and watch my energy.

It's amazing how much better Assault Rifles are in gen 4 than the previous. I love using them. Good range, good ammo, good power and penetration. Rifles were straight up unusable in the old gen. Almost always used machine guns and Energy Rifles.

Well, finished the normal play though All missions S rank. Will be starting hard mode now.
Edited by LeDelmo, Apr 10 2018, 10:44 PM.

LeDelmo
Anyone have any useful advice for Mission "Marche Au Supplice" S rank HARD mode?

That mission has been kicking my A for the past 3 days.

LeDelmo
LOL I missed this one!!!

Armored Core Evolved

Edited by LeDelmo, Apr 15 2018, 05:04 PM.

kajnrig
Fan
Har har, but watch it become real at next TGS...

tc012009
Member Avatar
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Kenichiro Tsukuda, who was a producer on the Armored Core games series, will be the produced of the new Nintendo Switch Mecha game, Daemon X Machina.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tc012009

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ingenhk
Member Avatar

There's Metal wolf from From
mechamericagreatagain.com
ingenhk's FSS and WSC homepage | John's Youtube | John's Twitter
Posted Image

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
A new Metal Wolf Chaos game? Nice! Looking forward to seeing more of Daemon X too!

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
Metal Wolf Chaos XD is a remaster for PS4/XB1/Steam, not a new game
VG GB Entry: Volks Oratan Temjin ( WIP - Finished Build )
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

kajnrig
Fan
tc012009
http://gundameclipse.net/single/?p=913415&t=8251274
Kenichiro Tsukuda, who was a producer on the Armored Core games series, will be the produced of the new Nintendo Switch Mecha game, Daemon X Machina.

Also, mecha design is by Shoji Kawamori, who also did the designs for 4/FA (and I think some of the PS2-era games).
tetsujin
http://gundameclipse.net/single/?p=913417&t=8251274
A new Metal Wolf Chaos game? Nice! Looking forward to seeing more of Daemon X too!
ChexGuy
http://gundameclipse.net/single/?p=913418&t=8251274
To be fair, this WILL be a new game to like 99% of people.
Edited by kajnrig, Jun 12 2018, 05:19 PM.

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
ChexGuy
Jun 12 2018, 04:13 PM
Yeah, guess so.
Still, I'll take it! (I wonder if I can get it to work on Linux... Save me having to get a new Stayplaytion...)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply