Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gundam Build Divers; New Early 2018
Topic Started: Jan 26 2018, 10:40 AM (179 Views)
VoyeurTheNinja
Member Avatar
Perfectly-Bizarre Person
Posted Image
"I think, in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."

"You are not alone and you are not strange. You are you, and everybody has damage. Be the better person."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Porkulus
Member Avatar
1/144 Collector
I checked the silhouette and I'm pretty sure that's not the Tall Strike Glitter. Those forearms give me 00 vibes...
Look at you. You're reading about Gundams, when you could be reading about Gundams and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff.
Paradox Fighters. It's like Skyrim with Guns.

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
New series is called Gundam Build Divers. I can't understand anything else they're saying, so some screencaps under the updated key visual from the Twitter account. Website is at http://gundam-bd.net/ and there is a 14-minute prologue OVA. Subs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zR55C33TLA
Posted Image
Main character 1 + Gundam 00 Diver

Main character 2 + Gundam AGE II Magnum (check the way it's spelled)

Rest of the cast
Edited by ChexGuy, Feb 2 2018, 04:47 AM.
VG GB Entry: Volks Oratan Temjin ( WIP - Finished Build )
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
ChexGuy
Feb 2 2018, 03:20 AM

Main character 1 + Gundam 00 Diver

Main character 2 + Gundam AGE II Magnum (check the way it's spelled)

Not seeing anything special with how the Age-2 Magnum is spelled. "Magunamu."
Did you mean the 00 Diver/Double Odaiba?
Also
"Holy S***, the HG Age-2 Normal is 6 years old now"
"Holy S***, the HG 00 is 10 years old now"
"Holy S***, G-Reco was 4 years ago"
"Holy S***, we still don't have a decent Daughtress kit"
Now you see, what you did wrong there was read the comment section on GG.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
Trust no one. Play/watch/build/experience it yourself!
-CKai Cydek
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VoyeurTheNinja
Member Avatar
Perfectly-Bizarre Person
Well... I'm actually looking forward to this. The fact that they're going back to an emphasis on custom builds, alongside how that fight had some semblance on strategy (the close-combat fight reminded me of the brutality between the Build Strike Full Package and Zaku Amazing) makes me feel a bit hopeful for this one.
"I think, in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."

"You are not alone and you are not strange. You are you, and everybody has damage. Be the better person."

WarMachine395
Member Avatar

The prologue was great, the fights seemed well thought out and enjoyable to watch :D

Facebook-----Youtube-----Blogspot

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
Otonashi
Feb 2 2018, 06:07 AM
Not seeing anything special with how the Age-2 Magnum is spelled. "Magunamu."
"AGE II" and not "AGE-2"

no hyphen, roman numeral instead
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

WarMachine395
Member Avatar

Just edited this to give Gundam Build Divers its own topic. Since it seems to be a slight change from the way Build Fighters was done with an emphasis on it being a VR type game.
All the kits will be labelled differently as well HGBD.

chetario
Member Avatar

Do we have a date when the regular episodes will start airing? I really enjoyed the OVA
Posted Image Posted Image
WIP Thread: HERE
Gallery: HERE

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
Nothing more specific than "April"
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
The Spring 2018 anime season is almost upon us, and Build Divers will start airing on April 3rd. It'll most likely be simulcast on the GundamInfo YouTube channel.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

VoyeurTheNinja
Member Avatar
Perfectly-Bizarre Person
Well, that wasn't too bad of a start.

I'm F***ing glad to see Age getting some inclusion into the series now, at least.

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
o sick I can avoid a triple post lol

Prologue

Episode 1
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
The scene where they built the Gundam 00 and gushed about how awesome it is had me thinking about how the scene would play out if it were done more honestly...

"This is the Gunpla I want!"
"Man, you sure about that? That kit was already like ten years old when this show was made, and we're probably in the future or something, it's not up to Bandai's current standard of engineering. I had no idea they even still sold this thing without the 0 Riser..."

(Gundam 00 is built)
"Wow that was a lot of fun! What a super-awesome gunpla! Those stickers were kind of frustrating though... What do you think?"
"Here, let me see... the elbow joint bends about 90 degrees, the head is on a double ball joint, it can rock back and forth, the knee can bend all the way, that's good, hm, hollow feet though, and no beam effect parts... Color separation's not great..."

rxslinger
Member Avatar
Addicted Member
So I wonder if anyone else got a similar vibe as me.

It seems apparent that the guy where in the trench coat in the opening credits is going to be the villain. When it shows the computer chip immediately after he appears it gave me the impression that it will work similar to how the DG sells work in G Gundam. I think this guy's going to be a hacker that take control of other gunpla. Also the way the girl appears in the show and the connection with Riku reminds me of Gundam blue Destiny.

One more thing did anyone else notice what it said underneath Magee's name when they introduce that character? I started laughing when I saw it.
Edited by rxslinger, Apr 3 2018, 03:40 PM.
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/rxslinger

Ryc03
Member Avatar

So, episode 1 has been released. How does everyone finds it?

So far the plot is pretty much a standard starting point episode of "young protagonist meet new latest trend and want to be the best in it" of typical seasonal toy related anime, with not enough story revealed to be curtained about its trajectory.

Although...

Spoiler: click to toggle
Visit me on my Blog - Ryc03's Toy Cabinets

Posted Image

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
https://twitter.com/willwillhi/status/981217360773181441

the truth has been revealed
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

WarMachine395
Member Avatar

Ryc03
Apr 4 2018, 08:05 AM
Although...

That bit already happened in Island Wars (Y)

@Chexguy weirdly, I was also thinking that...

rxslinger
Member Avatar
Addicted Member
WarMachine395
Apr 4 2018, 09:11 PM
Ryc03
Apr 4 2018, 08:05 AM
Although...

That bit already happened in Island Wars (Y)

Yeah. Think it's more likely that the younger girl is a player who is trapped in the game by the shadowy figure in the opening scene.
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/rxslinger

Otonashi
Member Avatar
Jesta>Grunt
Why are Adeles the most expendable grunts
Now you see, what you did wrong there was read the comment section on GG.
-frosencarrotz
RIP Monty Oum
Trust no one. Play/watch/build/experience it yourself!
-CKai Cydek
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
rxslinger
Apr 5 2018, 03:29 PM
Think it's more likely that the younger girl is a player who is trapped in the game by the shadowy figure in the opening scene.
Nah, I'm going with "hospitalized youth who is able to live vicariously through the virtual world (and her deep and enduring love for Gunpla)"

Sword Art Online did it, of course, but they're not going to let that stop them!

Though it could be "System AI which has achieved self-awareness" (SAO did that one, too) - that would make sense given her strong feelings about Trans-Am and the simulated Gundams' well-being. If that's the case she probably won't ever be able to experience the joy of building her own Gunpla, though. Could still work, given her apparent role as a sort of personal conduit into the soul of the Gundam: What's-his-name talks about how he spent eight whole hours building his new Gundam (level 3!) and so-and-so chimes in about how she can feel that the Gundam is now happy and truly realizing its potential.
Edited by tetsujin, Apr 16 2018, 11:14 AM.

WarMachine395
Member Avatar

^^I'm enjoying the series so far, but I'd really prefer if they took a step back from the SAO tropes :D

tetsujin
Member Avatar
Guru
WarMachine395
Apr 16 2018, 12:47 PM
^^I'm enjoying the series so far, but I'd really prefer if they took a step back from the SAO tropes :D
Suddenly I'm seeing visions of the SAO Abridged people ("Something Witty Entertainment") doing a Build Divers parody... (Fingers crossed!)

WarMachine395
Member Avatar

tetsujin
Apr 16 2018, 01:10 PM
WarMachine395
Apr 16 2018, 12:47 PM
Suddenly I'm seeing visions of the SAO Abridged people ("Something Witty Entertainment") doing a Build Divers parody... (Fingers crossed!)
Oh god yes. We haven't seen its like since the days of Gutted Wren Studios

ChexGuy
Member Avatar
Free Radical
I was voting for system AI with self-awareness right after the first ep aired
Posted ImagePosted Image
Anime List

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Alternate Universe Gundam · Next Topic »
Add Reply