Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Gundam_Eclipse/index/

Welcome to Gundam Eclipse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Volks IMS FSS kit avalibility and restock
Topic Started: Jul 16 2018, 04:54 AM (277 Views)
LeDelmo
I just went to VolksUSA's website and one of the kits I wanted to buy says out of stock now. In fact a number of them say out of stock now.

How often do these kits get restocked? Or DO they even get restocked?

The FSS kit I originally wanted is way too far out of reach (expensive). And I don't have the skill to gamble with getting a half way decent re-cast.

So I was waiting to buy the Volks V Siren Neptune when it went on sale. $88 is still allot of money to me for a model to display.
(at-least to me it is anyways)

Would really hate to think I missed my chance at trying a FSS kit for myself.
There are only a few that I really want for myself.
1. Luminous Mirage R
2. V Neptune (This was actually the ONLY kit I think I have ever seen for sale form a store)
3. Neptune (Actually don't know what this one is called. Just says Neptune)
4 Mirage Alpha 2

Any thoughts?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
So what is it that you want? An FSS kit from Volks for cheap, below $50? I'm sorry to say that such a thing is impossible to ask for, even with recasts.

Your best bet is to go on sites that have point reward systems when you buy a kit, and save up store credit. Both Otaku Mode and Gundam Planet have something of that sort, and the IMS kits as well.
Edited by Zip, Jul 16 2018, 05:16 AM.
https://twitter.com/TheBangDoll2989
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LeDelmo
Not sure, the way I buy stuff is look at the MSRP and just wait tell I find a price lower than that.

I was hoping Volks might have a Sale one day. And just pick it up for whatever price it was on sale. I know it not how most go about doing things. But, its just the way I am.

So do companies like these usually restock kits?

Slateman
Hi LeDelmo, time has told us (or at least me :-)) that Volks is restocking kits regularly. Both the IMS V-Siren and Neptune as well (and especially) the Bang Doll ran out of stock quite quickly but were restocked only a few months after they were marked „sold out“. So, no hurry.
VisualBLAST!
http://visualblast.blogspot.com
http://visualblaststore.bigcartel.com

LeDelmo
Slateman
Jul 16 2018, 12:55 PM
Hi LeDelmo, time has told us (or at least me :-)) that Volks is restocking kits regularly. Both the IMS V-Siren and Neptune as well (and especially) the Bang Doll ran out of stock quite quickly but were restocked only a few months after they were marked „sold out“. So, no hurry.
Thanks you so much!

I might have to think about just buying these FSS kits when they show available. I ideally, I want at-least two of these kits. One Luminous Mirage and one Neptune. We can see where it goes from there. It's just so hard for me NOT to seek out a deal.

Zip
Member Avatar
Guru
Volks itself never has sales, especially because unlike normal retailers, they don't have to worry about moving their inventory. Nothing is seasonal, everything is there to stay. At least on their online stores.

If you want it, Gundam Planet has the Neptune in stock, and with $10 shipping the total price is around the same as the Volks store. You won't find it cheaper in the States than this.

https://www.gundamplanet.com/ims-1-100-03-v-siren-neptune.html

A couple months ago I shared a cheap version of the IMS Neptune on Amazon that was only $85 shipped with Prime, far cheaper than any IMS pricing I've seen in years. But since you thought even that miracle of a find was too expensive for you despite it being below MSRP even with shipping, then I doubt you will ever find anything to your satisfaction. $60 IMS kits? $60 Volks original resin cast kits? Dream on.

Luminous Mirage will never go on sale, if you can even find a copy at the MSRP of $250 that's already a bargain.
Edited by Zip, Jul 16 2018, 02:31 PM.
https://twitter.com/TheBangDoll2989
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LeDelmo
lol you will never guess.

Looks like the Neptune literally JUST came back in stock!

So, I placed my order! Came to $99.50/w shipping will be the most expensive display figure I have ever bought but I am glad I at-least bit the bullet and am able to get my hands on my first FSS kit ever.

Sense I bought this Neptune I wont be getting the other one. But I do like the others horns so I might try something different.

I can't wait to see this thing all done up. Depending on how it goes. I could see my self getting a few more of these FSS kits. I just absolutely love the designs.

Really wish Five Star Stories could become more main stream. I would love to just dive into the story and characters. heck even just a English Manga would be appreciated. (even though I don't read Manga)

The fact that you mentioned Volks doesn't offer sales kinda clinched it for me. It's something I have been wanting to try. And it didn't look like waiting for a sale would be worth it anymore.

Thanks for the help every-buddy

LeDelmo
Jesus, already got my kit in the mail. Fastest shipping I have ever seen. Only took 4 days to reach me. And that was the cheapest shipping option. Think it was priority mail still though crazy fast.

LeDelmo
I went though Volks USA's Facebook and found they are doing a IMS KOG soon.

I think the other two have already been released.
Posted Image

I also contacted them about how often do they revisit previously released kits. And whether the Mighty series was a IMS release or a GK release from them.

fsskog
Mighty is in the resin line. IMS KOG and auge are still in the works. I am interested to see what pose auge can do. And if/how the kog will be modified from the HSGK.

TheAdmiral
Member Avatar
fsskog
Aug 10 2018, 03:03 PM
Mighty is in the resin line. IMS KOG and auge are still in the works. I am interested to see what pose auge can do. And if/how the kog will be modified from the HSGK.

Auge will likely be pose-limited by the weight of its shoulder binders, unless you decide to cement the joints into place for maximum sturdiness. I reckon that the KoG will, by virtue of its similarity to the LED and Terror, have similar posing capabilities; the weight of the head and Buster notwithstanding.

Just by-the-by, about 13 years ago I scratchbuilt a 1/72 Macross Regult and used some Yellow Sub acrylic (the strongest I could find) ball-joints, figuring that they'd be adequate as the kit was mostly hollow... Mistake! Life-lesson: many of the "articulated" models over 150g, even the plastic ones, probably shouldn't be, and will survive far longer if the moveable joints are omitted. Just saying.
Find me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/moscatohobbymodels/

fsskog
Yeah, I agree. I feel the posability is good for deciding the final pose. Well, at most, take a series of pictures like the fight scenes and then glued to final pose. Just because the auge fight scene is actually the longest battle in the whole series. There are a lot of cool poses.
Stand still is nice too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · FSS Model Discussion and Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply